Monday, December 6, 2010

Most/Least favorite things about the class

My most favorite thing about the class was that it was an online one. I didn't have to worry about making it fit with my other class schedules nor did I have to rush to get to this class. I liked how we had a week to do our discussion questions so there wasn't any rush to get them done. Interacting with the rest of the class was also interesting to me because I had never done so before through an online class.

My least favorite thing about the class was the group projects. I didn't have a problem doing them and I can't really complain because they're part of college basically. It was just so difficult to meet in person with our other group members because we had entirely different schedules followed by work and other commitments.

What could be improved about this class is maybe reforming the group project process. In other words, maybe in the beginning, group projects should be brought up so that many of the students can anticipate what's to happen. I think group meetings should be limited to online interaction (AIM, FB, ETC.), just because it would seem more appropriate, given this is an online course. Overall, I liked the class though some parts (like the group projects) made it more difficult to balance out my schedule. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you all the way. I never had an online class either but when I moved out of the dorms I felt like I needed to take an online class to save me time. So I figured oh why not because I’m traveling far to come to school so ill just take an online class. Your least favorite part is also my least favorite part of this class. The reason why we signed up for class is to fit our busy, and hectic life. Not everyone in the group is available the day you are available, unless they have no lives. It was difficult to meet because people had jobs and we are all not at school on the same days but yes it is college.

    ReplyDelete